Thursday, December 5, 2013

Another case of animal cruelty... Another souls suffering due humans...

Mahatma Gandhi said “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

Those words are the opening for one of my longest posts ever made, and I truly hope, you will take the time to read it. Today I am not presenting a new guide for you, or showing you new pictures of the horde. Today the time stops for a moment and I voice you my concerns and talk for them who cannot talk for themselves.

Yesterday in the facebook a picture of a cat rescued was circling around. This poor 9 years old oriental male had been packed up in a box that was sealed with duct tape and put inside a black garbage bag. He had been put there alive, to starve to death and die alone in the box that was to be his coffin. And he was not alone, there is still a second cat loose, and the volunteers are trying to find him before the snowstorm hits Finland.
And sadly, the major newspapers in Finland not even reported this incident, even it was send to them with the information. They did not care enough. Thanks to social media, there has been volunteers out there trying to find this second cat and I cross my paws and pray that he has enough strenght to fight and that he knows, that the help is on the way.

I am sad, and as my Mommy, I have shed my tears for this. The cruelty of some humans just leaves me without words and my heart is aching, as I cannot even imagine the pain and suffering the black oriental has been suffering when locked up in a box with no escape. What makes me even more sad, is the state of the animal rights and animal protection laws in many countries that call themselves"civilized". As an example, in this case the most probable punishment will be a fine to pay, and the one responsible for causing this agony will walk free, with only a mark in his criminal record. Most of the people do not even care of that.

Why has the situation not been changed for better? Why we, the animals, can be abused, tortured, killed and the one doing it will just receive pats on their head and "oh, we understand you had so hard times" and a small fee to pay? Why persons who commit multiple crimes against animals can still own an animal, as there is no control over the ban for keeping animals, but these persons can get new animals over and over again? What have we, the animals, done to you humans that you cannot protect us against these scumbags?
I have no answers for you for the questions above. I wish I had, but on the otherhand... Do I even want to know and loose my sleep if I knew the answer for "Why dont you humans do anything to prevent this and why your laws are just useless to help and protect us".

I am sitting here and looking through the window and knowing how lucky I am. I have food to eat, I have humanslaves pampering and worshipping me, and I will never know the cold winter outside nor I never have to hunt for my food. If I hurt, the humanslaves are taking me to the vet and making me feel better. But there are so many of my kin, who are not so lucky. They hurt due what humans do to them, they scream in their pain and noone is hearing them and helping them. Finally, they die, and noone is mourning for them. Their voice is just a little whisper in the wind, a whisper that I tell you now in words you can understand. "Help us, as we cannot help ourselves". Demand your governments for making a change to these ridicculous laws and make punishments for crimes committed against animals count instead of being a joke. Make people who commit such crimes pay for their crimes in prison and with heavy fine that will be directed for animal protection and shelters. Make them understand, that for such cruelty, there is a price to pay, and that every soul, animal or human, is worth a lot.

Walk on the barricades and demand the change! Even one person can achieve a lot, if this person just wants to. The more people demanding change, the better possibilities we have for the governments to finally realize the situation and take their heads out from their asses and finally do some good.

Thank you for reading. Please, feel free to share this and help us to make this world better for all the animals around. Together, we can make a difference. Together, we are strong and together we stand united to fight for this cause.

~ Lilith The Mighty Minikitten, a voice for those who cannot talk for themselves

No comments: