Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Feelings after Lublin show

Another hard showweekend is behind us. Me and Mommy left on Fri afternoon to travel to Lublin by train and stayed in Hotel Victoria. The show itself... WOW! It was organized as "zoo park" and there were so many different animals to see. Snakes, spiders, birds, rabbits... Even some dogs!
On Saturday I was Best in Show housecat. Mommy was so proud of me. On Sunday I was best of sex, and I know what went wrong. Our judge decided to take us middle of the day and Mommy just saw my number on the screen and rudely dragged me out from my nap to the ring. It was so evil of her... I was just there laying peacefully in my litterbox dreaming about conquering the world and boom, next thing I realize is I am sitting on the table of the Judge to be evaluated!

Generally our weekend tour was a success, but there are few things I have to share with you dear readers. These things I observed during the time Mommy was walking with me around the show area.

1) If your cat has a flue, please do not bring her/him to the show. You can infect everyone in the show and we do not like sick kittens do we ? Also, I am asking for the responsibility of the owner of the flueish cat, but also for the owners of the cats around this sick cat to inform the vetenarian that there is ill cat in a cage! Noone will crucify you for doing this. Noone will blame you. There is not much point of only talking about sick cat, only the actions matter. So next time you find someone who is sick, please do act.

2) Aggressive cats. Again in this show I had to unfortunately witness a cat attacking a judge. I know all of us are not experienced showcats, but if a cat is aggressive or too afraid, what is the point of stressing this poor animal by dragging it to the show ? To get some medals and honor ? Is it worth risking someones health and cats mental health for it ? I definitely have to say it is not. If your cat shows aggressivity towards judges/stewards, please do not take her/him to the show and stress her/him even more. Scrathes from nails and bitemarks vanish from humans, but the stressful memories do not disappear from the cat!

3) Rough handling. Why ? Why you humans have to tear our coats when combing it even we meow to tell you to stop ? Why you have to put liquids and powders into the coats that we keep clean by washing on our own ? Why do you force us, the cats, to suffer this treatment, even we tell you by a meow to stop ? I personally hate seeing this kind of handling towards my fellow catmates.

Those were just a few of the observations I had time to make during this weekend. I really hope I do not have to witness any of those in the future again. We, the cats, are sensitive animals!

Here you can find some pictures from Saturday from the show. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do :)

We have not yet decided to which show attend next, but as soon as Mommy makes her mind, we will let you know so you can come and meet us. But as for the looks of it, at least World Winner Show in Croatia will be in our plans for this year!

No comments: