Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas wish from Lilith The Mighty Minikitten

It is almost Christmas. Time for gifts and sharing and love. There is only one thing I wish for (besides domination of the world, but that can wait!)... Please read my post and share it. Maybe this Christmas we together can make a difference and help those who need it.

Everywhere around the world animal shelters are in dire need of help. There are so many homeless cats, who do not have a loving home to go and rest. Some are young, some are old, some sick and some already lost their hope.

What can you do ? You can donate old towels, bedsheets etc. These will make excellent beds. You can donate food, medicine or toys. All will be needed. Or you can make a donation of money. Every single euro will help and will be used. Couple euros from bottom of your pocket can make a difference between life and death for some lost soul. It is a small money for us, but it will make a lot of good for homeless animals.

Or, if you have a place for a cat in your house... you can give the greatest gift ever. You can give a homeless cat a place to call its own. A home. Gift of life. Remember tho, these cats have gone through already a lot, some have survived through a living hell, and they need a forever home. Not just a place to rest over Christmas and be dumped back to the streets afterwards. They need time, love and care to recover from their experiences. And they need a forever home. A place they can call their own. A place where they can sleep without worries and bowl full of food that will be magically refilled every day.

Please, help these souls that have had the misfortune for not meeting their humanslaves yet. Help them how you can. They are innocent for the faith they had. And together... we can make a difference. Are you willing to grab the challenge and do something good this Christmas ?

Hello, my name is Kitty and I was born somewhere in this city. I cannot remember anymore. But I remember how I came to this place called "shelter". It was me and my 3 sisters and our mom. We used to live in a house with humans. It was our home. One day, we were put into a box and told we are going somewhere. Mommy was not happy. We did not understand what this meant. 
Next we wake up somewhere cold. Mommy is trying to keep us warm. We all were crying. 
Mommy told us we were not wanted anymore in our home, so that is why we had to come here. That she'll protect us now.
Night came and it was so freezing. I felt my bones turn to ice. I had no more voice to cry so I fell to a deep sleep. I see in my dream a long bridge, in colors of a rainbow. On the other side my Mommy is standing with my sisters and I start running. She tells me "Stop, Kitty, it is not your time yet. Be strong. Be brave. And live another day. You are all that is left, you are my legacy. You have to survive." Then she is gone, bridge disappears and only thing surrounding me is darkness.

I wake up to someone touching my coat. I do not want to wake up. The darkness was so peaceful. So calm. I try to tell this human to go away and let me sleep, but she takes me gently to her hands and places me inside her coat. I look up to her and I see a tear in her eye. 
I fall asleep again.

I do not know how much time passed before I was awake again. I felt so week. The humans were looking at me and talking. They told me I was their little Christmas miracle. That I survived since the bodies of my sisters and Mommy had kept me alive through the night. That without their sacrifice I would not here today.

I am in a shelter for homeless animals. Abandoned souls who have no place to go. I am given a cage and told to wait. Wait for a human to pick me and take me to a forever home. 
Weeks pass by, then months. I still wait. So many cats come and go. Sometimes a human stops at my cage and looks at me. Then they walk away. I lost an ear and part of my tail during that night outside. I am not a cute kitten anymore. 
Years go by, and I am still here. Waiting. It is again Christmas. Maybe this year someone will stop by my cage and tell "I want to take Kitty home" and gives me my forever home.
This is just my story, but there are shelters full of cats who share my story. Please... Stop and help us. We did not choose this for us, but you can choose to help us. Take me and my friends home and give us your love.

Christmas is time for giving and sharing. Share your love and give it to homeless cats. There are so many who need it. Help those who cannot help themselves.

~ Lilith The Mighty Minikitten and her faithful companions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me cry.I lost my Baby-Cat this year.she disappeared and there's not a day that I wouldn't miss her and :' I know that one day when I'll settle down somewhere ( been on the move a lot )I'll definitely make a home for one ( or maybe even two ) of the most unique creatures.

Via Nocturna*PL said...

We are sorry for your lost :( We can just hope your baby found is now safe somewhere, even beyond the rainbow bridge.
It makes me so sad to to think all these lost souls, who cannot find their way back home anymore.